How to Apply
Create and Submit Your Application
- Review the deadlines dates for Kogod’s graduate programs.
- Create your application account in the American University application system. The application for admission to the MS in finance program is only available through this system. Your account will provide access to your online application along with a personalized information page throughout the admissions process.
- Begin your application.
- Save changes on each page as you work.
- Submit your application and the $100 USD non-refundable application fee, unless you qualify for an application fee waiver. Once you submit your application, your responses will remain final, but you can still access your personalized information page to check on missing items. If something should change after you have submitted your application, please email us at email@example.com.
Submit Supporting Documents
- From your application account page, find the supplemental items list and upload all required documents, including unofficial transcripts.
- MS finance applicants are required to provide either a GMAT or GRE score unless they meet one of the criteria outlined in the MSF GMAT/GRE waiver request form.
- Submit your letter of recommendation.
- If you are an international student who will require a visa, review the international applicants section to see if you are required to submit an English proficiency score and to find the school code to submit scores.
Receive Confirmation That Your Application Is Complete
- Once all of your uploaded supporting documents, letter of recommendation, and any required test scores have been received, the admissions office will notify you that your application is complete.
- If you feel your application is complete but have not received an email, you can always contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.